Who said letterheads had to be drab? With the right design, a letterhead can be the attention-grabber it deserves to be. Add memorable branding and you'll have a document that commands its audience.
Luckily, you won't have to look far for a letterhead to give your clients’ prose the punch it deserves. Take one from our curated list of the Best InDesign Letterhead Templates, for example. Our picks come straight from Adobe Stock, so there's no doubt about their quality.
You'll find a variety of examples in our extensive list. For instance, minimalist designs are perfect for formal letters. If your clients crave something that's vibrant and cheerful, you'll find that, also.
Why Use Adobe InDesign for Letterheads?
Why not? As a graphic designer, you need tools that get the job done the first time around. With that said, Adobe InDesign lets you bring your print and online creations to life.
The software features advanced design and layout capabilities other programs often lack. Furthermore, InDesign lets you add assets like logos and watermarks with impressive ease. With these features, you'll save time and frustration.
Also, using InDesign letterhead templates is a time-saver in of itself. All you need to do is download the template, open it in InDesign and make changes as needed.
The entire document is already set up for print, so there's no need to pre-set anything. The template already has the bleeds and margins in place, along with any fonts you might need. Just add your desired text, make any tweaks you might need and you're done.
Check out our list of the best InDesign letterhead templates below.
1. Minimal Corporate Letterhead Layout
2. Stationery Set with Green and Beige Accents
3. Letterhead Layout with Blue Curves
4. Letterhead Layout with Yellow Accents
5. Letterhead Layout
6. Minimal Business Letterhead with Green and Black Accents
7. Stationery Set with Red Accents
8. Letterhead Layout with Yellow Accents
9. Proposal Design Brochure Layout
10. Minimalist Stationery Set
11. Letterhead Layout with Orange Accents
12.12. Letterhead Layout
13. Navy Blue Letterhead Layout
14. Stationery Set Layout with Circles
15. Letterhead Layout with Grayscale Design Elements
16. Modern Corporate Letterhead Template
17. Refined Stationery Set
18. Modern Corporate Letterhead Template
19. Black and Yellow Simple Invoice, Letter and Project Brief
20. Black and White Stationery Set Layout
21. Letterhead Layout with Orange and Navy Accents
22. Letterhead Template
23. Black and White Stationery Set Layout
24. Creative Letterhead Layout with Green Accent
26. Letterhead Layout with Green and Dark Blue Accents
27. Letterhead Layout with Yellow Gradient Triangle Elements
28. Stationery Set with Blue Elements
29. Stationery Set with Yellow Accents
Final Thoughts: Best Letterhead Templates For Adobe InDesign
That about does it for our look at the Best InDesign Letterhead Templates. Remember, this is only a fraction of the templates that are out there. Consider our curated list as a starting point for your unbridled creativity.
With that said, your letterhead layouts don't have to be boring to get the point across. But, there are a few rules to follow. Take size, for instance. Most of the above templates come in A4 or US letter sizes. That's the standard for any letterhead design.
Also, keep your logo in mind when adding it to your letterhead. As a general rule, you'll want to keep your logo around 100 x 100px in size. That way, it doesn't loom over your letterhead's contents.
Now, if you want your logo in the background, then that's fine, too. The best way to do that is via a light gradient in the lower half of the letterhead. The gradient must be light enough to let readers see your content. However, it shouldn't be so light that it almost disappears.
As always, check back with us for more InDesign templates. Don't forget to share your thoughts about our picks by leaving a comment below.