Great jobs start with great resumes. Of course, that means getting your resume noticed in the first place. A lackluster resume design can be a stumbling block for even the most qualified job seekers.
So, it's time to break the monotony with our lineup of exciting InDesign resume layouts. We've sifted through the premium template sites to bring you 26 exciting examples. After all, variety is the spice of life even when it comes to resumes.
Each CV template features a unique design that's as practical as it is appealing. Use these convenient templates for your clients or even for yourself. Either way, they're a great way of getting noticed.
Why use InDesign Resume Templates?
Something as text-heavy as a resume needs a powerful typesetting solution. And that's where Adobe InDesign comes into play. After all, it's the industry standard for dealing with text-heavy layouts. Also, InDesign's advanced typesetting tools let you create and edit with ease.
When pressed for time, ready-made InDesign resume layouts make that task even easier. Everything is already laid out for you, including the bleeds and margins. In short, the hard work's already done for you.
Dig into our complete list of the Best Resume Templates for Adobe InDesign
1. Two Column Resume Layout Kit
2. Minimal Resume and Cover Letter Set
3. Resume Layout with Circle Element
4. Resume Layout with Photo Placeholder
5. Resume and Cover Letter Layout with Dark Green Accents
6. Black and White Minimal Resume Layout Kit
7. Minimal Resume Set Layout with Red Accent
8. Resume and Cover Letter Layout with Tan Accents
9. Clean and Professional Resume Layout
10. Minimal Resume Layout
11. Resume Layout with Table Elements
12. Dark Resume Layout with Green Neon Accent
13. Resume Layout with Photo Placeholder
14. Resume and Cover Letter Set with Memphis-Style Illustrations
15. Resume Layout with Grey and Gold Accents
16. Minimalist Resume and Cover Letter Layout
17. Minimalist Resume Layout
18. Clean Resume Layout
19. Minimalist Resume Layout
20. Resume Layout with Dark Orange Accents
21. Modern Minimalist Resume and Cover Letter Layout
22. Resume and Cover Letter Set with Teal Sidebar Element
23. Resume Layout with Gray Header and Footer
24. Resume Set Layout with Rectangular Elements
25. Resume and Cover Letter with Blue and Gray Accents
26. Clean Resume Layout
Final Thoughts on the Best Resume Templates for InDesign:
A good resume is a crucial step towards landing an interview for a new role. So, it's no wonder people want their resumes to leave a great first impression. Our line-up of the best InDesign resume layouts achieves that and much more.
Of course, there's plenty to think about when using resume templates, whether for a client or for your own use. Take applicant tracking systems, for instance. These days, employers and recruitment agencies use software to read and process resumes. Thanks to this software, a process that takes humans a long time to finish is now done in a flash.
That means any resume that goes through ATS must be machine-readable. As a designer, it's important to keep readability in mind when choosing your templates. That's especially important when converting resumes over to PDF format. Issues like incompatible design elements can lead to unreadable data for ATS.
Luckily, InDesign makes it easy to create and tweak ATS-compatible resumes. An optimized resume offers a better chance of moving forward to the interview stage.
Drop a comment below and tell us what you think about our round-up of the best InDesign resume templates. We can't wait to hear your feedback, as well as your suggestions for other InDesign templates.